Friday, September 14, 2007

Better

As you can see, yesterday was a bad day for me. But in the evening I went out with a bunch of EAP people and we had a pretty good time. We went to a pub which was cool and then a really lame club which was not cool. We met a whole bunch of people that we will never see again, but acted like we would. I think we were hanging out in covent garden, I'm not sure. There were a lot of gay bars though, and a lot of americans, both of which don't interest me in the slightest. Anyway, I'm assuming that was a pretty lame night as far as london nightlife goes, but I still had a lot of fun. So I am looking forward to going to some places that are actually cool. I am supposed to hang out with Natalie tonight and Jason at some point. Unfortunately I can't get a hold of either one. It's too bad, cause it would be good to see a familiar face. I think today I am going to go on a quest for household items, or maybe just hang out in a museum. sometime soon I also want to go and check out brick lane, which is where all the indian restaurants are, according the the "barrister" I met last night (haha, barrister. they even wear wigs. it's funnier if you think of the accent too. barristah. not to be confused with the hipsters who work at starbucks, of course.). I wrote it on my hand so I wouldn't forget. This is an important matter. Yesterday I bought two meals that I didn't eat. I can't afford to be wasting all that money. Anyway, peace out. Thanks for all the support, you guyth are the betht.


oh yeah, i also figured out how you can call my cell phone if you want to:

011 44 79 42617758

So if you feel like forking over for international rates, you can reach me there.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I am SO glad you are feeling better, I could hear it in your voice just now. And remember, when you are feeling down - a little retail therapy never hurts! Go to Herrod's and let me know what you think! And try to find a cool street market, and Notting Hill - you have to check out Notting Hill! (I guess you can tell what I want to see when I come over. Of course, the Museums too...but not the war museums, the art museums.)

Love you -
Mommy

P.S. Send some photos - I am dying to see them!

Unknown said...

Yes, go to Herrod's. But do NOT go to Harrods -- they have stuff that actually costs money!!!

Better therapy is to go immediately to the nearest free library.

;-)

Love you too!
-Dad

sarahzzz said...

go to the museum at trafalgar square! it's my favorite. and the modern art museum. it's really entertaining.

Uncle Mark said...

When I moved to Fullerton to go to college, my first roommate was a guy who stayed awake all night long building computer motherboards with a power drill. The computers never worked, but he was up all night long smoking pot and playing music really loud. He had a one-eyed cat (I think the other one was under the couch) that used to puke on the rug regularly, and neither of them ever did any dishes or cleaned the house, ever. The place was full of old computer hardware, dirty dishes, old newspapers, empty beer cans (OK, those were mine), cat fur balls and a cat litter box that hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I couldn't bring anyone over (although I did anyway sometimes) because it was so embarassing. He ended up flunking out of school. I ended up moving in with my cute, clean girlfriend. But in the interim, we had such a blast!!

Hope this helps ......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think you should go to Herrod's too!

Also, that story about the cat is awesome.

Anonymously,
Josh

Sheri said...

Mark - are you sure you had a roommate?

Love -
Sheri

P.S. Mandy - ignore your father, I usually do.

Love -
Mom